Sunday, July 1, 2012

Common Core Freebie

UPDATE: If you're visiting from Pinterest, welcome!  This resource has now been downloaded over 22,000 times. To get your free copy, click on the link at the bottom of the post.


This summer, a goal of mine is to create as many Common Core Math lessons/activities as possible.  Our current curriculum does not match up well with Common Core.  So if you have any ideas/lessons/products that are working for you, definitely feel free to share!
After tinkering around on my handy-dandy lap top, I came up with these Missing Addend Flip Cards.
Objective: (OA.1.8)I can determine the unknown number in an equation using problem solving strategies. 
I plan on using these cards in a center.  I will also include whiteboards and markers in the center so students can illustrate the number sentence to help them solve. 
After students have used a problem solving strategy to determine the unknown addend, they can then remove the paperclip, and the answer is revealed!
To get your set of flip cards for FREE, visit my TpT store at the link below.
As always, I'd love to hear your feedback!
Sincerely,
K. Almaraz

5 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to do this activity in my classroom and now I can! I love how you will make the students show their work and state the strategy they used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEED A BLOG! You have so many awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activities so far! I can't wait to see what else you post :) I've also nominated you for an award. Come to my blog to claim it!

    Jessie
    Look Who's Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. I have several different sets and the kiddos love them. I also use them as transitions to line the kiddos up. =)

    Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. I am happy to be your newest follower. I am a 1st grade teacher too. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly what I was looking for, but it link doesn't work anymore, is there anyway you can send me this activity?

    mattiemc5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover