Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hall Pass Linky (Come join)!

Two posts in one day?  Miracle.
My great Texas blogging friend Haley let me know about the Hall Pass Linky courtesy of Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits, and I am pumped to join in on the fun.

P- My favorite product right now is my Inflectional Endings pack.  I've been using it to assist my little readers in small group and boy-oh-boy are they catching on when it comes to reading words with inflectional endings.
A-  My favorite classroom area has to be our bulletin board, because my students and I LOVE showing off their work.  Here is a peek at our current bulletin board. 
S-Favorite signal right now is:
Teacher- "Freeze, Freeze!"
Students- "Hands on my knees!" 
Now, this isn't a transition signal, however, has been fantastic in getting students attention.  It just came to me one day, and is my favorite signal so far this year.
 
S- Ahh...sanity.  Currently, I have 31 first graders.  They brighten my day, but sometimes I need a little quiet time.  I keep sane at work by turning my light off and door locked when students go to specials.  Just that quiet time let's me recharge my batteries for when my students return. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I can't wait to read about your hall passes! Join up by visiting:
http://tunstalltimes.blogspot.com/2013/02/hall-pass-linky.html
 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! :) I'm so happy you joined. I don't know how I didn't know this...but 31?!?!? Lord Have MERCY! I would seriously become diabetic in like a week from all the Diet Coke I would be forced to drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're hilarious. Having 31 students has been interesting to say the least. I don't drink soda, but I definitely need a cup or two of coffee every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pigeon bulletin board is too cute! 31 fist graders? You definitely need those quiet moments to keep sane!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. 31 FIRST GRADERS!!!!!!! AH Oh my gooodness! GIRL I bow down to you!

    Good thing it's first grade because every time my little ones are getting on my nerves all I can see is how stinkin' CUTE they are!!!

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover