Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adventure to Fitness, Oh How I Love You.


So, you all know I have a pretty big class this year.
 Nonetheless It's been fun, and my students are all really great kids.  In Arizona, we hardly have "rainy day schedule" but often times have "inclement weather days" because when it gets into the 110's no one wants to be outside.  So on these days, there's no recess.  My students need recess and I need recess.  So what to do...

I started looking on Pinterest for ideas and came across this AMAZING*INCREDIBLE*FANTASTIC website called AdventuretoFitness.com

I signed up right away (which was super easy).  I connected my laptop to the projector system and the rest is history.  My students were taken on an adventure to Hawaii where they learned all about the culture and volcanoes.  The best part was that it was like they were outside.  They were running (in place), jumping, climbing, etc.
 You will never look at rainy or inclement weather days with dread again.  There are a ton of adventures to go on, and it's all free.  You can't beat that.  Click on the link above to sign up!


  

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I usually let mine just "play" during indoor recess, because they get 30 minutes of PE no matter what. BUT, I should probably be doing something more productive like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love Ms. Almaraz! Glad your kiddos are getting so much out of the program. We mentioned you on our facebook today :) http://facebook.com/adventuretofitness

    Corey
    PR & Social Media Director
    Adventure to Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corey, thanks so much for stopping by! We really do love this program. My students request that I show Adventures to Fitness all the time. Thank you for such a terrific program.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover