Sunday, April 7, 2013

Teacher of the Week- Amy Swan


Meet Amy:
Teaching experience:
Amy is currently in her tenth year of teaching and is a National Board Certified teacher in Early/Middle School Childhood Literacy.  Amy also holds a Masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction.  Amy says, "I believe strongly that all children need and deserve to be loved, listened to, and appropriately challenged each day in school. My favorite time of the school day is when I'm reading aloud to my class...it's magic!"


Favorite Teaching Moment:
Funny story alert!  Amy shares this hilarious event with us:
"When I was teaching 5th grade, I had to attend a district meeting on the morning of my birthday. My sweet room mom had brought in birthday treats for me to celebrate with the class when I returned in the afternoon. However, my 1/2 day sub passed out the treats first thing in the morning, had the kids sing ʺHappy Birthdayʺ to me (even though I wasn't there), and she even ate MY birthday treat!! When I got back, she told me all about ʺmyʺ party, smiled brightly, and wished me a very Happy Birthday before she left. Hilarious!!"


Visit Amy:
To learn more about Amy, you can visit her Teachers Pay Teachers store, Facebook or blog by clicking on the images below:

Teachers Pay Teachers Store:
 
 
Facebook:
 
 
Blog:
 
 

 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover