Sunday, April 28, 2013

Teacher of the Week- Michaela Almeida

I apologize for being a little out of the blog world recently, but I'm back to honor another fantastic teacher, who is making a difference in, and out of her classroom!

Meet Michaela Almeida:



Teaching experience:
Michaela began her career as a Title 1 teacher, and has now been a classroom teacher for two years.  To assist victims from the Boston Marathon bombing, Michaela has set up teacher resource bundles  that teachers can purchase for $20.  All proceeds are donated to The One Fund.  Below are images of the bundles, and you may click on any image to visit Michaela's blog post to learn more.  Thank you for your commitment to the community Michaela!

                          K-2 Bundle- Valued @ $150                     3-6 Bundle- Valued @ $170
                                 

 
Favorite Teaching Moment:

In Michaela's own words-
 "There are so many little things that happen each and every day that remind my why I love my job! I implemented reader's workshop in my classroom this year, something the kids in my classroom were not used to. When I would announce it was time to start reading workshop, there were audible groans from many of my students. One day, a few months into the school year, we were at reader's workshop and I lost track of time! When I looked up, it was time to pack up for dismissal and I announced that we had to stop reading. One of my little guys, who is a very reluctant reader, looked up from his book and said ʺBut Mrs. Almeida, I don't want to stop reading!ʺ That one sentence made me so happy! It was definitely one of the highlights of my career so far!"


Visit Michaela:

To learn more about Michaela, please visit her Teachers Pay Teachers store, blog or Facebook page by clicking on the images below:

Blog: 
 

Teachers Pay Teachers:
 
 
 
Facebook:
 

To be featured as Teacher of the Week:
Each Sunday I will feature a new teacher of the week on my blog and Facebook page. To be considered as my Teacher of the Week, simply click on the Teacher of the Week button below and answer a couple of questions. It's easy as pie!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Michaela! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so grateful to be your teacher of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover